jueves, 6 de febrero de 2014

Clean premade neighbourhood templates

I must admit I had no idea that my game could be corrupted.
I guess I never played it long enough to let corruption spread enough to be noticeable, because I tend to get bored of a neighbourhood fairly fast and move on to a new one or restart a default one.
But since I learned it was possible, I'm trying to be as careful as I can.



I heard that Strangetown was an specially troublesome default hood, so I thought that it was time to get myself a clean template and play safe.



I followed the advice of those who know more than myself about this topic, and tried one of the well-known templates which are said to be much safer than the original ones: meetme2theriver's.
It takes a minute to get it done, it's easy and really hard to fuck up -but I backed up the original files anyway. Just in case.

The hood looks just the same, but some files has been cleared.
No issues here whatsoever.
Well, I had to update with SimPE some names, because my game was installed in Spanish and despite all the inhabitants having their names properly translated, those who were still in the bin kept their names in English (for example, Singles instead of Soltería). But I would not say it is an issue, just that I'm a picky one.

Now I'm quite tempted to blog about my gameplay in this new classic hood...
Not that anyone cares, but it's a good excuse to take pics! :D


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario