martes, 28 de enero de 2014

My Sims experiences

I remember playing to Sim City. I mean the original one, the classic game.
I owned a floppy disk version.
Floppy disks make me feel old, you know, because nowadays they look ancient... and it actually was just a few years ago. ("Few" is a subjective concept, yes.)

I loved that game. It was great in every single aspect.
Times changed, games changed, and I tried many other simulation and strategy games which may be technologically much better, but in my heart Sim City is just the best ever.

Fast forward, and there I am buying The Sims.
It was a second hand game, because I usually don't like spending much in games. The expansions I bought were second hand ones as well.
It was nice, but I thought I was more the "building" kind of person than the "people" kind of person when it comes to simulation games.

The Sims 2 (TS2 for shorter) changed that.
I am still the kind of person who loves building and management simulation games, but this game is very very addictive!



I've been playing for years now (on and off, sometimes I don't play at all for months, and then I spend hours playing in a row) and I ended up having a nice collection with all the Expansion Packs (EP) and most of the Stuff Packs (SP).
All of them bought second hand, yes.

But only very recently I realized the posibilities this game offers regarding custom content. And they are so many!

Joining this community named Mod the Sims really opened my eyes.
I've been learning a lot, and I try to keep track with all the new info I read, but sometimes it's not easy.
That's why I decided to create this blog: so I can give all my new ideas some kind of shape and order, and hope that they lead to some kind of creativity explosion :D

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario